ABOUT THE POSITION
Together with the Operational team establish and subsequently implement fully integrated commercial processes, standards and procedures. Deliver, develop and apply this integrated approach to all projects within the business unit for accurate on-going monitoring of performance against forecast/ budget.
- To produce robust, timely and accurate commercial reports in line with the company’s requirements, including but not limited to cost value reports (CVRs), month end sales forms, including data management updates, end life forecasting (ELF) and earned value management (EVM)
- Create, analyse and review thorough, accurate and detailed project risk(s) and opportunities registers for all schemes within the business unit, ensuring all risks are identified where possible and minimised through avoidance, mitigation or transference. Conversely, develop and implement the strategy for any identified opportunities to be maximised through joint/shared incentives and or enhancements.
- Produce a detailed commercial commentary for all new bids within the division, advising on proposed qualifications, departures and pricing strategy required for the specific form of contract.
- Produce and submit monthly applications for payments for all schemes within the division, including all requisite substantiation, evidence and or any specified supporting documentation as required, ensuring always that they are completed and submitted in line with the prescribed contractual requirements and timescales.
- Undertake all aspects of subcontract management, including initial procurement, value analysis and order placement, through to monitoring, measuring, valuing and agreeing the final account. Ensuring that all process and procedure is followed and the appropriate document and contract administration is observed at all times.
- Manage WIP and debt exposure, ensuring always that exposure days are minimised and cash recovered is expedited to ensure a positive cash position
- To act as the first point of contact for the operations team in relation to any commercial / financial risk, opportunity, query, clarification, information or support.
- Liaison with Project Manager, Engineers and Planners with regard to recovery of contract costs together with enhancing project profit by identifying variations, delays and claims
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The suitable candidate will demonstrate;
- Divisional P&L Finance, Budgeting and contracts costing
- Contract and Construction Law/Legislation
- Knowledge of the industry
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Contract experience, preparing valuations and claims for clients and subcontracting
- Ideally degree qualified in a QS discipline or similar
- Driving licence
Closing date: 28th January 2022