ABOUT THE POSITION
Based on site the planner will be working alongside the project manager and operational team to produce schedules of work on multi-discipline projects.
- Support the project manager and operational team in the successful planning and control of project delivery utilising a range of planning and reporting tools and techniques.
- Ensure that the project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client
- Work with project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed and maintained with accurate resource
- Provide guidance and leadership to planning team
- Address planning issues that arise and adapt plan to ensure project delivery
- Support in the production of tender information on site
- Liaise with the operational and technical design team
- Ensure the progress of the project is running to time scales and cost plans agreed
- The preparation and development of effective project planning schedule and project controls using Primavera P6 and associated planning software.
- The preparation, development and maintenance of effective project reporting tools following established company processes and best practice.
- Working collaboratively, develop and maintain client relationships
- Working with the ethos of LEAN and continuous improvement, ensure that the quality of the service (internally and externally) is developed and improved.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strategic thinker
- Can demonstrate successful project delivery
- Expert planning and scheduling knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven planning & scheduling thinking and approach
- Working knowledge of CDM
- Knowledge of NEC3 and its application to the programme.
- Experience of Primavera P6
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience working on major construction works packages.
- Experience in working in a nuclear environment.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Primavera (P6) qualification.