ABOUT THE POSITION
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the operation and management of a regional scaffold design department, including providing technical support to operation, preparation of all design calculations, drawings and records appertaining to site design requirements
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
- Ability to produce scaffold design drawings, calculations, and design risk assessments
- Responsible for giving accurate advice to operations team on design solutions for construction and tenders
- Ensure client queries are professionally and accurately responded to
- Check and approve other designers work
- Attend site visits/stakeholder meetings when necessary to provide engineering assistance to internal company supervisors and/or clients. Potential overnight stays if necessary.
- Admin associated with managing the design process
- Ensure design outputs meet CDM/health and safety/environmental compliance.
- Assist with promoting best practice in scaffold design across the business.
- Promote the Company including all other services to customers and 3rd parties where possible
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to plan and organise workload
- Able to use AutoCAD 2D
- Good level of knowledge and understanding of Civil Eng. Design and practice incl using Eurocodes and industry COPs
- Knowledge of UK Health & Safety Legislation and practices
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in scaffolding, temporary works, or structural design
- Experience working in construction, industrial, petrochemical environment
- Suitable qualification in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Attendance at site visits, meetings, occasional overnight stays
- Keep up to-date with new products and improvements to existing systems.
- Keep up to-date with industry standard and construction techniques.